What are lino prints printed with?

Wednesday 29 May 2013

Critical Analysis


Overall I was quite happy with my etching.

However I would have done some things differently. First of all I probably would have changed the background that I etched. It is just plain straight lines, at diagonals. I believe that I could have done a different background, with more detailed and unique lines to represent Kathe Kollwitz’ technique. I would have made the face a bit darker, if my background was different. My face is also not symmetrical; I could have made it a little bit more life-like, however this works in a way, as Kollwitz’ emphasised cerain featuresand distorted her figures, which is what I was trying to accomplish. Also my hair is not very distinctive against the background, and probably needed to stand out more.

In addition, with my etching process, to avoid the smudges that I have, I will next time work in a cleaner workplace.

What I did well in my artworks

I believe that I used Kathe Kollwitz lines effectively throughout my artwork. I used her style of drawing a figure, shrouded in shadows, instead of creating something with intricate detail. I also believe that I used an effective amount of positive and negative space well through my material.

No comments:

Post a Comment